I feel honored to have been nominated for the Liebster award by Tiger Paws Junior. His amazing blog will undoubtedly lift your spirits on each visit with its positive posts and stunning photography. Be sure to check it out at http://tigerpawsjnrsstories.wordpress.com A big thank you to Tiger Paws Junior for the nomination.
Here are the rules:
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows: The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them. Provide 11 facts about yourself Answer 11 question set by the person who nominated you Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions!
11 Facts About Me:
- I have lived in Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Virginia, Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, and New York. I like Virginia the best.
- One summer I worked in a light bulb factory. It was loud, boring and scary when the machines broke. I was a college student, not a mechanic.
- I have four daughters, four dogs, and two cats.
- My husband deployed for the Gulf War four days after we were married. We have been married for almost 24 years.
- I spent four months in Glasgow, Scotland where I completed my student teaching. It was one of the best experiences of my life.
- Zombie books, movies, and The Walking Dead are strangely fascinating to me. I enjoy thinking about post-apocalyptic scenarios.
- In his 24 years with the U.S. Army, my husband has deployed to combat zones five times.
- Musicals are the best. My favorites are Newsies, The Sound of Music and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
- On the weekends I volunteer with a dog rescue organization. Finding new homes for abused or abandoned dogs is rewarding as is matching up families with the perfect dog.
- Potty humor cracks me up. I grew up with three brothers and am still recovering. Spending all day with middle school students doesn’t help!
- I am a super picky eater. I don’t eat vegetables, fruit, most candy or any white meat…and lots of other things.
NOMINEES FROM amforte66:
QUESTIONS FROM TIGER PAWS:
- Why do you blog? I am a Creative Writing and Newspaper Journalism teacher, but I don’t write very much myself. My daughter challenged me this year to start writing…so here I am!
- What is your favorite thing to write about and why? I enjoy writing about life, my observations, and things that inspire me.
- Who is your biggest inspiration and why? My oldest daughter, Marissa. I actually wrote a post on how she inspires me. Check it out here: https://amforte66.wordpress.com/2014/04/23/live-your-life-with-arms-wide-open/
- What would you change about the world? I would end the exploitation and abuse of women and children throughout the world.
- What is the first thing you think about when you wake up? First I check the status of my head to see if I have a migraine since this is an issue for me. Then…I think about what I have to look forward to in the coming day!
- Where do you see yourself in ten years? Well, I might be a grandmama. I hope that my husband and I will be seasoned world travelers by that point as we will be free from our child rearing and college paying duties.
- How many times do you worry a day and what is your biggest one? I live by the Serenity Prayer so I’m not a big worrier.
- What makes you happy? Steaming hot English Breakfast tea, new Apple products, books that I just can’t put down, napping on the beach, riding my bike, laughing with my whole family at Thanksgiving, sweet notes from my students, a purring cat sleeping on my back, adoring looks from my dogs who think I’m the most amazing human on the earth, the first day and the last day of school…and the list could go on and on!
- Make up the first few lines of the story of how we might meet.
Me: Excuse me, but do you think a bar is an appropriate place to bring your cute little Tiger? And is he old enough to drink?
You: Well, he’s older than he looks and we’ve been walking a lot today, visiting the White House, the Washington Monument and whatnot. He’s really thirsty.
Me: Umm…I don’t know where you’re from, but we have rules here in the United States. I really hate to see a tiger being exploited in this way.
You: Crikey! I think you’ve got the wrong idea here. Let’s start over…
10. Do you like our blog at Tiger Paws? I love the Tiger Paws blog because it is so positive. The photography is amazing and inspires me to learn more about my camera so that maybe someday I can take awesome pictures too.
11. What does your list of the day include and will you finish it? My list is below and I will probably finish all of it except for the camera part. My camera book is kind of boring. I really need to sign up for some hands-on courses.
- Hang out with my husband and talk
- Volunteer at Lost Dog and Cat Rescue with my youngest daughter
- Ride my bike
- Finish this blog entry
- Spend some time with my camera
Questions for you:
- How are you, really?
- Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
- Mathlete or Athlete?
- What is your favorite television show and what do you like about it?
- What have you learned today?
- What is a habit you have that you like?
- What’s the biggest personal change you’ve ever made?
- What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
- What are some of your favorite websites?
- What’s something most people don’t know about you?
- What do you like about blogging?