“Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.”
13 Reasons I Love Teaching
1. Every day is a new beginning! I love being able to start fresh each day or provide students with a fresh start if the previous day was rough for them. Seventh and eighth graders are very forgiving and have short memories so they are quick to move on.
2. Middle school students are so much fun, so spirited, and completely unpredictable. This makes every day different and full of laughs!!
3. Getting to personally know each student I teach is challenging and personally rewarding to me. Not to mention highly interesting and often entertaining!
4. I have real stories to tell at the dinner table every night! Some funny, some outrageous, and some are heartbreaking…
5. The nervous excitement and energy I feel at the start of every new school year or semester is addictive.
6. Getting to know the “quiet” kids…they’re not really quiet!!
7. I like feeling like I make a difference.
8. Running into former students and hearing about how they are doing never gets old. Working in a secondary school (grades 7-12), this is a frequent occurrence and huge perk for me.
9. Every class has its own personality …watching this develop is fun.
10. I love creating a positive classroom environment where all students feel valued and can succeed.
11. Creating meaningful lessons tailored to student interest and ability level is a challenge that motivates me every day.
12. Teaching is a fun and creative outlet for me.
13. Snow days, Winter Break, and Summer Vacation!!!